Diet plan for the patients of Anal Fistula: In Anal Fistula, there is an abscess or wound in the anus of the patient, which takes the form of a tube inside and outside the anus and forms a wound. Fistula is an uncommon medical problem in which two or more tissues of the body are attached.
In case of this disease, immediate medical help is needed. The person suffering from this disease suffers a lot. But, if the problem is not too serious, it can be diagnosed early. The right diet is also very important in this disease.
In the case of disease, take such a diet, which includes nutrients. It also gives relief in fissure disease. In this disease, what quantity to take, at what time, etc. things depend on the stage of this disease or the metabolism of the patient. Know in detail about Diet plan for the patients of Anal Fistula.
So searching for the best Laparoscopic surgeon in Bharatpur for the anal fistula treatment or surgery then must book an appointment with Dr. Madhav Mayank Sharma, one of the best general and laparoscopic surgeon, book an appointment at 96726 27777
Symptoms of Anal Fistula
Before knowing about the anal fistula diet plan, you should also know about its causes and symptoms, first know about its symptoms:
- Frequent anal abscess
- Pain and swelling around the anus
- Bleeding or foul-smelling pus coming out from around the anus. After they are removed, the pain may subside.
- Discomfort around the skin of the anus after pus or bleeding.
- Problems with bowel movements
- Fever, chills, and tiredness
If you see any of these symptoms, go to the laparoscopic doctor immediately.
Causes of Anal Fistula
Before knowing about the fissures diet plan, it is also important to know about the causes of fissures. One of the major causes of fistulas is abscesses in the anal glands and anus. Some of the conditions that can cause anal fissure are:
- Crohn’s disease
- Radiation (cancer treatment)
- Sexually transmitted disease
What to eat in Anal Fistula?
In fissure disease, you should eat a diet rich in fiber so that there is no problem of constipation. The list of fiber rich foods are as follows:
- Cereals: Wheat, barley, oats, brown rice ie oats are rich in fiber. You can consume them in case of fissures.
- Lentils: Arhar, moong dal, masoor rajmah also contain fiber.
- Fruits – Fruits like apple, watermelon, pomegranate, banana etc. can also be consumed.
- Green vegetables like broccoli, pumpkin, guar pod, gourd, parwal, bitter gourd, amaranth, bathua, amla, cucumber, fenugreek, greens are also good to eat in this disease.
- Nuts – Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pistachios, walnuts also contain some amount of fiber. Raisins are rich in fiber. Soak a handful of raisins in water overnight and eat it on an empty stomach in the morning. This is a good way to fight constipation.
- In the event of a fistula, eat only light food.
- Drink more fluids like water, lassi, fresh juice etc. They will not cause constipation and you will get relief from the problems of this disease.
- Vitamin C rich things: Vitamin C increases immunity and it gives the body the power to fight infections. It is found in citrus fruits like lemon and tomato etc.
What not to eat?
- Grains – Reduce the intake of flour and rice.
- Fruits and vegetables – Do not eat potatoes, brinjal, capsicum, arbi, etc.
- Pulses – Do not eat black gram, white gram, soybean, urad dal etc.
- Do not drink alcohol and cold drinks etc.
- To get relief in fistula disease, do not eat too much salt, chili spices or junk food.
- In this disease, avoid eating pickles, chutneys or things containing more ghee and oil.
- Milk and milk products: Dairy products contain a good amount of lactose and fat. Both lactose and fat are very harmful in constipation and make it worse. That is why, during constipation, milk and milk products should be avoided.
10 precautions to be taken after fistula surgery.
Diet plan for the patients of Anal Fistula?
The anal fistula diet plan should be as follows:
Wake up in the morning and drink one or two glasses of lukewarm water.
Breakfast (8:30 AM) : For breakfast porridge, cornflakes with milk / sprouts / 2 roti and vegetable + salad should be taken.
Meal of the day (12:30-01:30 PM): 2 roti + boiled vegetable + dal + lassi and salad can be taken in the day’s meal.
Evening Snack (3:30 PM): Eat soup / nuts / chopped fruits in the evening snack.
Dinner (7:00 – 8:00 PM): 2 roti +vegetables and dal.